Bergamot was named after a town in Italy--Bergamo--where Bergamot oil was first marketed. This citrus oil was most commonly used in Italian folk medicine for fevers and other medicinal purposes for many years.
- Reduces insomnia
- Relaxes and calms
- Balances oily skin
- Eases tight muscles
- Botanical name: Citrus bergamia
- Origin: Ivory Coast
- Extraction Method: Cold pressed
- Plant Part: Fruit Peel
- Plant Description: Bergamot (evergreen) belongs to the Rutaceae Family, native to the Canary Islands. The tree may grow from 2 - 10 m. tall. Bergamot doesn't grow in the wild, but instead is cultivated. The long branches are covered with spines. The tree yields small pear-shaped fruit which are not edible but are useful for the oil extracted from the peel/rind.
- Aroma: Citrus warm floral scent, bright spicy, savory fruity aroma
- Note: Middle
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Light yellowish green to yellowish brown liquid
- Blends Well With: Black Pepper, Clary Sage, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Jasmine, Mandarin, Nutmeg, Orange, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Vetiver and Ylang-ylang
- Main Constituents: Limonene, linalyl acetate
- Kid Safe: Yes, 2+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes, consult doctor
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes, consult doctor
- Cat Safe: No
- Dog Safe: Yes
- Special Dilution Rate: 5% or less
- More Safety Info: This oil is phototoxic. Avoid spending time in direct sunlight or a tanning bed after using this oil topically. This oil may be used at 1-2 drops per ounce of carrier oil (0.4%) without being phototoxic.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
15 mL bottle = 300 drops
GC/MS tested for purity.
Sales from this product provides a beautiful pause for you & additionally gives back to others in need. Simply Earth donates 13% of their sales to stop human trafficking. A Beautiful Pause gives another 10% of their sales to help women & children in need.
Price includes shipping within the contiguous USA.
Inquire about shipping rates to other regions.